Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time
A very exciting development opportunity to support one of the top Engineering Consultancies in the World.
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are looking for a HR Advisor to join us and support employees across the Republic of Ireland. The successful candidate will report directly into the Ireland Human Resources Business Partner and provide a key service to over 150 employees.
What the day-to-day role will look like:
- Monitor the HR Inbox, being the first level of contact for the employees and managers cases (items raised)
- Management of cases in a timely and accurate manner: Cases will include requests such as: reference requests, contractual changes, maternity, paternity, shared parental, resignations, new starter, probation etc
- Providing guidance and support to employees on policy and process including our family friendly processes, flexible working, other leave types (including sickness) and off-boarding
- Providing guidance and support to employees on on-boarding
- Supporting the Ireland HR Business Partner record all Ireland HR processes
- Processing accurate information within the HR systems
- Liaising with the Ireland payroll team to ensure that accurate and timely information is forwarded on a monthly basis to support the payroll process
- Reporting - to complete actions required for monthly / ad-hoc reports such as starters/leavers, long service awards and key metrics as and when required
- Managing immigration and right to work applications and providing comprehensive support for all visa related cases
- Supporting the global mobility process for outbound and inbound assignments, short term assignments and permanent transfers, in liaison with the Global Mobility Team
- Providing support in employee relations cases, including note taking and letter production
- Provide support when requested for other ad-hoc tasks/projects
- Participate in the wider Buildings and Cities (BNC) HR team
Must have proven office administration experience with sound IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. A team player who can work well with minimal supervision and who has the ability to multi-task and prioritise the high volume and broad range of HR duties that need to be undertaken to support the Irish business.
Essential skills and experience:
- Working in a process driven environment
- Experience of Microsoft packages: teams, excel, word etc
- GDPR knowledge and understanding
- Experience in handling a busy inbox
- A discrete and confidential approach to all activities
- Experience of HR in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with making and supporting visa applications for prospective employees outside of the EU would be desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Analytical with ability to produce reports on an ad hoc basis
- A relevant qualification in an HR related discipline (or similar)pA
Closing date for applications is the 22nd of March 2023
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%;
* Competitive annual leave;
* Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5;
* An annual professional institution subscription;
* Life insurance/Income Continuance
* Enhanced paternity leave;
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance;
* Cycle to work scheme;
* Travel taxsaver scheme;
* Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Mott MacDonald Ireland Ltd. is an accredited employer with Engineers Ireland.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence