Senior Structural Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Our Special Services team are currently recruiting for a Chartered Senior Structural Engineering Analyst with advanced structural and dynamic analysis skills who can work on new and existing infrastructure, from a design, forensic, problem-solving and asset life extension perspective. This role requires technical expertise for solving problems and will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills and develop new capabilities.
You will be responsible for delivering specialised solutions for a range of civil and structural engineering projects. Working within the team, you will analyse code and non-code compliant structures to develop practical and cost-effective solutions to external and internal clients. You will also lead the advanced analysis for a variety of civil assets such as dams, tunnels, buildings, stadia, bridges and towers and you will liaise with clients to provide reports and technical updates while building strong relationships for longer term business development. You may also be involved in project management duties such as monitoring budgets and programmes for technical work.
Your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Carrying out advanced analysis for a variety of complex scenarios
- Checking, interpreting and questioning the outputs from analysis
- Preparing and delivering presentations and reports
- Defining and implementing quality assurance (QA) processes to ensure the work is done to a high standard
- Mentoring and developing engineers
- Networking with all areas of Mott MacDonald
Through your civil/structural/mechanical engineering career, you have gained strong structural analysis skills along with a practical understanding of how structures work, and you are passionate about taking an analytical approach to structural engineering applications. You are a keen problem-solver, focused on delivering technically excellent work, and are comfortable working from first principles and using advanced finite element analysis software as well as UK and European industry codes and standards with the ability to go beyond codified solutions where appropriate.
You have previously worked within a consultancy environment and have developed commercial awareness as well as been involved in supporting and developing new business opportunities. You are an effective communicator who can deliver presentations to stakeholders as well as build professional relationships through your interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. You are also able to demonstrate the following:
- A Degree or Master's in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/General/Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
- Chartered with IStructE/ICE/IMechE (similar will be considered)
- Proficient in the use of Finite element analysis software
- Experience with scripting and automation, preferably using Python
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Technical rigor and focus on excellence
- Focus on the innovation and the continuous improvement of technical capabilities along with an interest in guiding and developing team members
Although not essential, if you have any further educational studies, membership with NAFEMS or experience in a relevant field such as blast engineering, thermal analysis, fracture mechanics, multi-physics or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) or wind engineering, this will be advantageous
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.