Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Business Planning for 2023 has identified the need to expand our technical and commercial capability within the LSE Divisional Infrastructure team, complimenting the established 120 strong offering based across 4 regional offices in the South East - meeting strategic growth requirements, providing technical excellence, client interface and a passion for infrastructure design.
We are recruiting for an Engineering Geologist to join our Infrastructure team in the South East delivering highways, infrastructure, and building related projects for a diverse range of clients. The role will be primarily office-based; however, flexibility is required to work away from home in other offices, attend site visits, client meetings, and for site-supervision as may be required by our projects.
As part of the infrastructure team, you can be involved in strategy, concept and scheme development to detailed design and construction stages.
Our staff are contributing to schemes that make a real difference to people's lives and we are looking for a talented engineer who can help us provide greater benefits to society.
As an engineering geologist, you will be working on buildings, highways, rail, power water and utilities projects. You will be responsible for the geological/geotechnical elements of these projects and ensuring the delivery to client requirements, complying with quality standards, and working to meet programme and budget.
You will be technically experienced in producing geological, geotechnical and geo-environmental desk studies, ground investigation specifications, managing large ground investigation projects, and the preparation of ground investigation reports including ground models and parametric analysis. You will also have some experience in geotechnical design including, for example, ground improvement, slope stability analysis, seepage analysis, settlement assessment, shallow and deep foundations and retaining walls.
You will be expected to control project resources including monitoring against budget; prepare and manage work programmes to deliver to deadlines; develop client relationships; contribute to bid submissions, comply with corporate governance processes as well as to support development of the teams engineering geology capability.
This role carries a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, giving you the opportunity to develop your career. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop junior staff.
The candidate requirements are:
- Degree qualified in engineering geology or civil/geotechnical engineering.
- Professionally qualified (Chartered) or working towards this either with the Geological Society of London and/ or the ICE.
- Demonstrable extensive record delivering geological/ geotechnical projects using applicable standards and principles.
- Experience in the application of relevant industry computer geological/ geotechnical software packages.
- Extensive experience of geology, site surveys, geophysics and investigative techniques for characterisation of site / ground conditions.
- Experience in the of production of drawings and technical specifications for construction.
- Demonstrable experience of working across multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Preferably having experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Demonstrates commercial and financial awareness; preferably will have supported preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
- Experience of managing a project team preferred
- Proactive communication skills to work with colleagues and other design teams
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.