AECOSIM Structural Technician
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an AECOSIM Structural Technician you will:
- Work primarily in Bentley AECOsim/Microstation to join our team in London / Croydon, South East area of England
- Undertake drawing/modelling and concrete reinforcement detailing / scheduling for a variety of structures and will be comfortable working across a range of design stages
- Work in a small CAD/BIM team reporting to the CAD Manager
- Develop Rail Civils designs through all GRIP stages
- Produce high quality and complex 3D models and drawings using Bentley AECOsim and Microstation
- Structural and RC Detailing
- Organise and advise on programming of work
- Work closely with Design Team members, senior and junior Mott MacDonald staff
- Add value to all projects for the benefit of Mott MacDonald
- Work within a Common Data Environment (ProjectWise).
Required for the position of AECOSIM Structural Technician;
- Experience of the civil and structural engineering sectors
- Ability to produce 2D drawings and 3D models with minimal supervision
- A good level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Preferred, but not required;
- Proficiency in Bentley AECOsim/Microstation
- Knowledge of BIM/CAD packages including but not limited to AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks
- Experience in reinforced concrete detailing and steelwork connection details
- Knowledge of Rail industry standards and specifications
- Experience of Bentley ProjectWise
- An HNC or equivalent qualification in Building, Construction or a similar discipline.
You’ve got this!