Global Mobility Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Global Mobility (GM) team is responsible for providing advisory and operational support to the business and local HR teams on relocating our employees across the globe to the most challenging of locations. We currently have approx. 150 Long Term Assignees and estimated 100 permanent transfers per annum in a variety of host locations as well as supporting with STAs and International New Hires.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Manager who can hit the ground running and has extensive GM experience, enjoys seeing projects through to completion and wants to share their knowledge. This is a role for someone who has great experience to share from Day One and likes a challenge!
Reporting into the Head of Global Mobility, the person in this role will act as the Head of GM's deputy with a focus on driving forward key initiatives e.g. reviewing the global policy approach and collaborating with key stakeholders to find a way forward, reviewing vendor performance and oversee RFPs, etc. In addition, the role will also support the GM Business Partners with escalations along with coaching and guiding the wider global mobility team.
- You will provide strong collaborative support, coaching and practical solutions to the GM Business Partners with complex mobility and/or compensation queries.
- You will build strong relationships with key stakeholders globally and represent the Global Mobility function at all levels both internally and externally as required.
- You will draw on extensive experience to mentor the global team helping them grow their knowledge on all things Global Mobility.
- You will show initiative in recommending improved ways of working including process review/enhancements to deliver work more efficiently, working collaboratively with the GM Specialist team. This will also place you in the centre of supporting our aim of having global consistency in GM processes and ways of working.
- You will provide support to the Head of Global Mobility and other GM Managers as/where required on projects/delivering training to HR/the business units.
- In this role, you'll have oversight of vendor escalations and vendor service delivery across all our global providers with support from the GM Business Partners.
- You'll be flexible and able to adapt preferred approach to suit the audience which includes active listening, guiding with calm approach and considering different perspectives.
Required for the role of Global Mobility Manager;
- Considerable experience in Global Mobility is essential with track record in complex challenging countries (in-house experience preferable)
- Preference for prior experience in Consulting industry to understand the demands we face
- Strong working knowledge of tax, immigration, social security and posted worker regulations
- Technical hands-on knowledge of expatriate compensation methodology
- Outstanding relationship management skills, customer-focused with a calm, personable, supportive and consultative manner
- Ability to work in a cost conscious and busy environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate and advise all levels of seniority
- Very strong problem-solving skills and unbiased judgement using analytical and consulting skills. Someone who can take an issue, delve into the detail, look into what can be extremely complex situations and propose a pragmatic, reasonable solution
- Numerate and able to review complex calculations - ability to understand and work through different compensation methodology i.e. Home approach, host approach, hybrid approach, tax equalisation, tax protection, FX fluctuations, at times involving multiple currencies
- Good knowledge of global payroll processes - shadow, split (not essential but preferred)
- Can demonstrate cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity, and a high level of confidentiality
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fluid, unstructured environment with a can-do, positive attitude
- Confident enough to challenge the norm but in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Someone who can act as mentor, coach and guide members of the team.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.