Project Manager - Water & Environment
Job Type: Full time
Project Manager - Water & Environment
Job Description :
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with HM Treasury Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders.
About the team
Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency. Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion. Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK's regulated water and wastewater companies
- Responsible for delivery of projects (Client Side) ensuring:
- Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
- Ensure the embedding of sustainability principles
- Effective management of health, safety and wellbeing of all those engaged on the project
- Deliver within specified internal and client governance tolerances
- Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed
- Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the Technical lead as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design
- Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance.
- Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the supply chain and procurement functions.
- Be responsible for ensuring the change control process is followed including managing and recording all change to time, cost and quality.
- Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions.
- Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Maintain excellent communications with the client and wider programme team.
- Be responsible for the project programme. Work with multidisciplinary delivery teams to update the programme as required.
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
Candidate Specification :
- Required for the position of Project Manager W&E
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
- Experience of working 'client side' for the Environment Agency, DEFRA or other RMA's would be an advantage
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!