Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This is an exciting and rewarding role for a dedicated and motivated Credit Controller. You should be able to cope with working to deadlines and have a flexible outlook on your work.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Pro-active credit control - contacting customers by necessary means to pursue payment of outstanding invoices - both in the UK and internationally. Focus on minimising DSO.
- Good understanding of the Working Capital, able to identify issues and either offer solutions or interact with the necessary key stakeholders to reach a prompt resolution where possible. Focus on minimising the Working Capital Days.
- Collaborative outlook to the collection process, involving stakeholders where necessary to ensure efficient and timely payments.
- Effective query management - ensuring queries are referred to the appropriate internal stakeholders and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Preparing monthly short-term cash forecast. Analysing and commenting on actual collections in comparison to the forecast.
- Preparation of meeting papers and attendance at monthly credit management meetings, providing up-to-date information on delinquent & queried debts and on the Working Capital overall.
- Prepare information to be included in management reports.
- Assisting with the identification of cash receipts and monitoring of unallocated payments.
- Sales ledger management - responsible for matching credit notes and keeping the ledger tidy.
- Undertaking credit checks on existing and prospective clients and interpreting the results.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential academic qualifications and experience:
- Previous credit control experience
- Minimum GCSE education or equivalent
- International collections / Multicurrency experience
- Good understanding of the importance of cash flow to a business
- Good understanding of sales ledger and Working Capital
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (basic pivot tables, VLOOKUP and other useful basic formulae)
- Credit reference agency reports - interpretation
Desired qualifications and soft skills:
- CICM qualifications or studying towards.
- Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbally
- Ability to manage time effectively and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to multitask and deal efficiently with high-level workloads within strict deadlines and challenging clients
- Able to use initiative in resolving daily challenges
- Ability to work well within a team as well as autonomously
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter - to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence