Junior Quality Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
The Mott MacDonald Quality Team provide direct quality management, assurance, governance, and audit support to our Project/Sector teams working on major projects across the UK in Rail, Highways, Ports, Aviation, Maritime, Defence, Energy, the Built Environment, Social Infrastructure and Water Infrastructure & Environment. We are looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced Quality and Senior Quality Managers to work with project teams on these projects across the UK.
Mott MacDonald operate an Agile Working Policy with employees encouraged to work 2-days per week from their base office. As our roles are client facing, you may be required to regularly attend a client/JV or Alliance base office or site attendance in line with the specific project programme/ schedule.
This will usually be up to a 60/40 split between site and working from home in any week (e.g., 3 days on site/2 days home working), though this is dependent upon the client's requirements, pace of delivery for projects and in consultation with the Project Team to ensure quality advice and support is available to the project.
Candidates will join an existing portfolio team in line with their sector experience; we support the development of the Quality Team through encouraging and supporting individuals gain experience of applying their skills and knowledge to different sectors.
What you will contribute to the Quality Team:
In line with the project scope and contract quality deliverables/commitments:
- In line with experience and knowledge, support the develop and delivery of business improvement programmes as requested by the Project Quality Lead.
- In line with experience and knowledge, support the development of an integrated management system in line with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 44001 as requested by the Project Quality Lead.
- Support the maintenance of quality document and record control as requested by the Project Quality Lead and in line with project/contract requirements and quality/contract commitments.
- Support the delivery of internal audits, including contributing to written reports on the findings to promote continued improvement and support the delivery of lessons learnt workshops.
- Support the development of performance and competency trackers as requested by the Project Quality Lead.
- Support the delivery of strong stakeholder engagement internally with PMO, Safety, Sustainability & Risk teams to minimise duplication of effort in the IMS.
- Support and promote collaborative working across the project, alliance/JV partners, client, supply chain and other interested parties.
- Support the Project Quality Lead in the interface & coordination with the wider Project Team, Alliance/JV partners and client in line with experience and project role.
- Other project or developmental activities in line with experience and qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence