Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald are in a Joint Venture to deliver a major defence sector infrastructure project in Plymouth and are looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced Quality Assurance Engineers to support delivery of this project.
The role will require regular site attendance in line with the construction programme. This will usually be a 60/40 split between site and working from home in any week e.g., 3 days on site/2 days home working), though this is dependent upon the pace of delivery and assurance/control activities within your specialism.
During 2023 the working pattern may move to a day and night shift pattern to meet the project delivery pace and Client deadline requirements.
SQAE Primary Purpose:
The role will report to a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer (PQAE), and successful candidates will be required to deliver on the following in line with their qualifications and experience:
- To provide the Project with accurate and timely quality assurance guidance.
- To manage the Quality Assurance functions for a allocated projects, assisting the Project(s) and Suppliers to produce the required Lifetime Quality Records (LTQRs).
- To determine by audit the level of compliance within the Project to ISO 9001 and any Client and/or Regulator specific requirements.
- To assist with Supply Chain assessment and surveillance activities against ISO 9001 and Client/Regulator requirements for all First Level Safety Critical suppliers and provide professional support to the Project for all supply chain quality issues.
- To effectively manage allocated quality related staff and resources.
- Other roles and duties in line with experience and competency as directed.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence