Job Type: Full time
Job Description :
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with Client and Mott MacDonald processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders
You will contribute to the team through;
- Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Maintain excellent communications with the client and wider programme team.
- Be responsible for the project programme. Work with multidisciplinary delivery teams to update the programme as required.
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
Candidate Specification :
Required for the position of Project Manager;
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
- Project management experience across a range of high risk / high complexity / high value projects and programmes with a strong focus on internal and external stakeholder management and complex risk management
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
- Experience of CDM regulations
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 days per week in the Coventry/Derby area
- Preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
- Experience of working 'client side' for the Petrochem / Pharmaceutical / Food / Aerospace / Power / Utilities organisation