Job Type: Full time
Job Description :
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support and advise the project manager in respect of fulfilment of all contractual obligations.
- Monitor and process on behalf of the client commercial queries from consultants and contractors.
- Attend progress meetings to respond to commercial matters raised.
- Attend internal management meetings to input to reporting processes
- Check submitted assessments and applications and process
- Clarify any queries with consultant or contractor and agree with project managers.
- Carry out periodic commercial checks and due diligence in conjunction with the project manager to ensure information submitted corresponds to records held by the consultant or contractor.
- In conjunction with the project manager provide ongoing assessment of consultant or contractor's estimate to completion
- Receive and check consultant or contractor's final account.
- Negotiate any amendments and reach a final figure and recommendation for acceptance or rejection.
- Act in accordance with the project leaders instructions
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Secure new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Prepare estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statements etc
- Assess applications for payment inline with the contract terms
- The production of lessons learned report for post contract review
- The collection and analysis of cost data
Required for the position of Quantity Surveyor;
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy/Main Contractor
- Chartered QS MRICS or Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Pre and post contract experience
- Experience working in collaborative teams
- Experience of NEC Contracts, particularly large contract value
- Preferred, but not required
- Demonstrable track record of working in the management services environment
- Environment and water sector experience preferred
- If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need. Internal Job Title :
- Quantity Surveyor
- Job Description :
- Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
You’ve got this!