Senior GIS Consultant
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Due to strong growth, Mott MacDonald's Environment and Social GIS team has an opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful, collaborative and innovative Senior GIS Consultant. You will be joining a diverse team of GIS consultants who are passionate about what they do, with a proven track record guiding our clients in the delivery of major infrastructure projects in the UK.
This role will suit a dynamic, proactive individual who wants to work in a growth area of our business and help support the delivery of GIS services in a fast moving, client-focused commercial environment.
- Lead, manage and deliver GIS services on complex projects;
- Review and ensure technical excellence and standards;
- Design, develop and implement digital solutions based on automation, geospatial data analytics, data science, data management and data integration to extract insights from data and improve decision making;
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams to gather and evaluate requirements to deliver integrated digital solutions and outcome-based innovations
- Identify and support opportunities for improving workflows for achieving efficiencies and innovative solutions;
- Identify existing and new data sources to best inform project teams;
- Lead or support in business development activities, providing technical input and financial components to bids and identifying internal and external business opportunities;
- Manage mobile data collection packages for field workers;
- Work closely with GIS team members in ongoing development and implementation of standards and tools for day-to-day GIS processes and data management;
- Undertake mentoring and line management responsibilities;
- Participate in knowledge sharing and professional excellence activities in our Global GIS community of over 700 GIS specialists and users.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following qualifications and experience:
- Highly competent GIS Consultant with strong UK experience and client-orientated approach;
- Experienced in leading geospatial project delivery, budgeting, task and resource planning and prioritisation;
- Extensive experience working with a wide range of the ESRI's ArcGIS products, especially ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Pro;
- Proactive communication, collaboration and people skills to enable effective problem solving, ensuring delivery and report writing;
- A deep knowledge of spatial analysis workflows and management of spatial data;
- A strong interest in keeping up with latest technologies and how to apply these to real business problems to provide innovative solutions.
- Postgraduate qualification in GIS, computer science, environmental management, geography or other relevant discipline;
- Have, or be working towards, a professional body qualification, preferably with the Royal Geographical Society (e.g. Chartered Geographer);
- Confident in working with design and engineering data;
- Experience in line management and supporting career development of direct reports;
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Our Environmental and Social GIS team has an opportunity for a resourceful, collaborative and innovative Senior GIS Consultant.
The team believes in the power of well-managed data, automation and visualisation through the most appropriate technology. The efficient handling, insightful analysis and visualisation of this data underpin everything that Mott MacDonald strives to achieve.
Mott MacDonald's purpose has a significant focus on innovative digital solutions to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do: transforming our client's businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. As a member of the global GIS community, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards this purpose.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a diverse range of projects including national scale infrastructure programmes, biodiversity assessments, integrated water resource management plans and ecosystem services analysis.