Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you an experienced Office Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work as part of a national premises support team?Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
As an Office Manager, you will be focused on operational activities for the office ensuring staff and visitors enjoy a great experience when attending our premises. As Office manager you will be responsible for compliance with all mandatory compliance under Mott MacDonald's Business Management System, namely health, safety, security, information security and office environmental management.
Reporting directly to the Area Premises Manager your duties will include but not limited to -
- Ensuring the office complies with Group standards and local legislation
- Arranging emergency procedures including fire, security and first aid
- Retaining all relevant records for three years
- Assisting the Office Director with the production of the Office Continuity Plan.
- Managing pool cars and their maintenance procedures where applicable
- Undertaking office risk assessments
- Reviewing office risk assessments after substantial changes or at least annually
- Identifying hazards and completing actions to mitigate their risk.
Health, Safety and Security, Information Security and Environment
- Ensuring staff and visitors are made aware of, and follow, Health, Safety and Security procedures in the office
- Managing and controlling staff, visitor and contractor entry to the premises
- Ensuring all accidents and near misses, plus Health, Safety and Security, Environmental and Information Security incidents are reported
- Ensuring all reported incidents are recorded and investigated appropriately
- Cooperating with Safety Managers in monitoring Health, Safety and Security and Environmental performance
- Undertaking an annual Environmental Impact Assessment
- Updating office procedures for Health, Safety and Security, Environment and Information Security annually, in line with Group objectives, and arranging the publication on Compass.
- Liaising with local enforcement bodies as necessary.
Outside Services Suppliers
- Procuring office services and supplies using centrally preferred supplier lists and providing feedback on performance.
- Undertaking monthly inspections of the office, using Monthly Office Inspection Checklist, recording and acting upon findings
- Monitoring progress of improvement actions and review actions undertaken and impact annually
- Managing staff awareness of office improvement actions and raise awareness of requirements through communications and publicity campaigns.
- To perform a line manager role to local office coordinators within their scope
- Act as a point of contact for annual leave and sickness
- To arrange cover for front of house roles
- Authorise overtime
- Ensure line reports feel involved in the business
Required for the role of Office Manager;
- Excellent people skills
- Previous experience in an Office/Facilities management role
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and visitors through, phone, email and in person.
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety management in the context of an office environment
- Relocation/Refurbishment experience.
We welcome applications from everyone, and we understand not everyone will meet the skill set but could have skills we didn't know we needed! Get in touch today!
To apply for this role or if we as an organisation align with your core values, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our TA coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter who will be more than happy to help.
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald are Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
About the division
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach