NEC Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Do you want to diversify from your current career with an organisation that can offer training and development?
As NEC Project Manager you will be responsible for collaboratively leading the day-to-day planning, prioritisation, progress, morning and administration of the NEC ECC Contract on behalf of one of our Platinum clients.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Ability to have informed contract discussions on a daily basis
- Independent working, within a construction environment, representing our Platinum client as well as Mott MacDonalds interests.
- Commercial knowledge and awareness of strategy, process and liabilities.
A bit about the team
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- Degree in a construction, engineering or project management subject
- Membership of the APM, CIOB or RICS
- Substantial project management expertise.
- Broad experience including in the public sector would be an advantage.
- Significant experience in administering contracts including use of NEC
- Strong legal compliance through NEC contract
Preferred, but not required
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication, with clients, project team and business manager
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
- Ability to create an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment
- Ideally Highways or Rail experience
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.