Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As NEC Supervisor, you will strengthen and support an established team in generating a high standard of service delivery, specifically undertaking the role of NEC supervisor on transportation construction sites acting as the main interface between the project managers and the contractor on site. The candidate will be required to have on-site experience that has focused on driving quality assurance, while having a strong core construction and standards skill set.
A bit about the team
We operate in Highways, Rail, Aviation and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
This role can be based anywhere in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland or Northern Ireland
What you will contribute to the team;
- Fulfilling the role of supervisor in accordance with the NEC3/4 ECC contract
- Ensuring that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for the contract via site visits
- Submitting reports on a weekly basis to the project manager as appropriate to advise clients of progress and the status of construction-related quality and completion issues
- Ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by the contractor is as specified in accordance with the works information
- Establish contract tracking systems, including implementation schedules and milestones;
- Reviewing any proposed changes to the works information/scope provided by the contractor for compliance and reporting to the client or appointed person
- Assisting in the resolution of queries arising on site to ensure that work proceeds in an effective and professional manner
- Identifying technical problems on site and reporting to the project manager
- Witnessing on-site testing and commissioning and keeping appropriate records of results
- Issuing communications as per the requirements of the NEC3/4 contract
- Liaising and communicating with the project delivery team and project manager
- Assist in dispute prevention and resolution, claims assessment and evaluation
- Undertake defects inspections alongside the contractor, project manager and client's representative team
Required for the position of NEC Supervisor;
- BSc in project management or construction management or equivalent, however relevant long term experience will also be considered
- NEC Supervisor or Project Manager accreditation is preferable, but will also be offered to the right candidate with demonstrable knowledge of the role of the Supervisor under the NEC suite of contracts.
- Demonstratable understanding and knowledge of the Northern Ireland Railways standards with experience in railway specific disciplines.
- PTS certification
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Highly motivated and a hardworking individual with a proven track record of supervising/managing/inspecting construction works
- Experience in assisting the project manager under NEC ECC form of contract
- Experience in supervising and authorising/signing off on site works being carried out under the NEC contract
- Experience with contract management tools such as CEMAR, Aconex etc.
- Previous experience in the specific role is essential to demonstrate an understanding of the technical, procedural and contractual responsibilities of an NEC ECC supervisor
- Good oral and written communication and organisation skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude, outgoing, assertive, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, and flexible
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviours, creating a one team environment