Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Project Manager you will manage your own projects or workstreams on major infrastructure projects. This opportunity will enable you to support the development of this growing and diverse business whilst progressing your own career. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to support our Clients by winning and delivering high quality project and programme management services that contribute to society and make the communities in which we live and work better.
What will the role offer?
You will have opportunities to work on some of the UK's largest Transportation projects, working with key clients and with experts from across Mott MacDonald and the industry. We are passionate about collaborating to deliver high quality solutions with a focus on sustainability, social value and technical excellence.
Some examples of the areas that you may be able to work on;
- Rail - We provide support to major rail infrastructure projects across the UK. We are particularly proud to be involved with Crossrail, HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail along with a large number of other projects.
- Highways - We work closely with National Highways supporting them on a variety of projects across the UK.
- Ports - Our ports team covers aviation and maritime projects and we are seeing a lot of growth in this area with opportunities at key airports in the UK as well as further afield.
- Local Authority - we support a wide range of local authorities across the country with their transportation projects. These projects often cover elements of rail, highways, sustainability and social value.
Mott MacDonald is proud to support the professional development of all employees, funding one professional institution subscription per year and providing learning and development opportunities to support team members as they progress to chartership.
The successful management of the development, design stages, delivery and handover of (built environment and infrastructure) projects as instructed, ensuring:
- Processes and procedures are applied, and any governance protocols followed
- A project management plan is developed and maintained for each project
- Projects are scoped in accordance with agreed project objectives,
- Deliverables are clearly identified and executed,
- Key parameters of cost, time and quality are achieved providing a coherent and realistic action plan against deficiencies,
- Liaise with the projects H&S&W and CDM Representative, acting on advice provided to ensure that project / contractor CDM and Health and Safety compliance matters are satisfactorily discharged and/or adhered to,
- Establish effective stakeholder and communication management processes and structures across the project, Client and stakeholder teams. Specifically consider all necessary actions in terms of liaison, process mapping and reporting with statutory and technical assurance bodies, mitigating potential delays and costs to project performance through timely submissions and consenting requirements,
- Liaise and work across all commercial, procurement and general project control functions, providing the necessary project management input to deliver projects within the agreed project parameters,
- Assess the necessary level of resources and competence in the supply chain teams, taking all necessary reactive measures where required to ensure the required performance,
- Successful administration of the NEC suite of contracts for professional and contractor commissions as dictated by the projects, addressing performance to ensure contractually successful outcomes.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.