Senior Coastal Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a key member of the Ports, Coastal and Offshore (PCO) team, you will influence the success of our maritime projects by contributing to outcomes which exceed our clients' expectations. You will primarily be involved in leading specialist and multi-diciplinary teams across the project life-cycle. This includes economic and feasibility assessments to coastal process, metocean and hydrodynamic investigations, to detailed design and construction documentation. Sectors include UK and international coastal zone management, offshore renewables and cables, and tidal power.
Depending on your skills and interest you may also have project management responsibilities such as resourcing, programming and dealing with commercial and contract matters as well as overseeing risk and quality. You'll provide input to the contract procurement process which will include preparing tender documents, specifications, BOQs and construction drawings and manage the tender process through to contract award. Additionally, you'll support new business development initiatives as well as tender submissions to facilitate growth of our PCO Account.
As an industry recognised professional, you're able to demonstrate your experience delivering coastal engineering projects using innovative and digitally driven techniques. With your project management skills and experience you are comfortable networking and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams for project delivery and enjoy building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You have strong written communication skills and are comfortable writing reports and delivering presentations. Additionally, you have an understanding of different forms of contract and of the procurement process.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- A Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related technical equivalent
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution such as ICE/ IStructE/ CIWEM (or equivalent)
- Experience in business development, including client liaison and bid preparation.
- Due to the nature of our work, you will be willing to travel overseas for project assignments when required.
- We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Mott MacDonald is one of the global leaders advising a broad range of clients in the planning, design and construction of coastal and offshore infrastructure across an array of size and type. This extends to all stages in the project cycle, from developing innovative coastal erosion business cases and feasibility studies to structural defences and environmental enhancements, and then onto construction supervision. We work across the world including the Caribbean, North America, Middle East, Asia and Africa, as well as in the UK. We strive to ensure we provide our clients with the most sustainable solutions, with the UN Sustainable Development Goals forming the heart of what we do.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence