Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald is one of the global leaders advising a broad range of clients across all types of infrastructure, and at all stages in the project cycle, striving to exceed expectations in the most innovative and sustainable solutions.
It's an exciting time for our Ports Coastal and Offshore (PCO) team with major project success and workload growth. Join our experts and you'll be involved in multi-disciplinary teams for the planning, science, engineering, and implementation of all types of coastal projects including coastal zone management, flood and erosion resilience and nature-based solutions, sub-sea cables, floating solar and tidal power, in locations such as Taiwan, The Bahamas, St Vincent, Guyana and Belize, as well as the UK.
Specialist areas include strategic, economic and feasibility assessments to coastal process, metocean and hydrodynamic investigations, to detailed design, construction documentation and site supervision. We are pioneering the use of digital, carbon and positive social outcomes appraisal to provide clients with optimum solutions.
Depending on your skills and interest you may have project management responsibilities such as resourcing, programming and dealing with commercial and contract matters as well as overseeing risk and quality. Additionally, you may support new business development initiatives to facilitate further growth of our PCO Account.
You will be supported by senior colleagues to develop your career aspirations.
We have opportunities in our Croydon and Liverpool hubs.
- We are looking for flexible and motivated team members with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the maritime world, with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and other team members, and enjoy building relationship networks
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical analysis and good report writing.
- You will have attained a Master's degree in civil engineering or coastal science technical discipline, and be chartered through a relevant professional institution, or be close to sitting your review.
- As we want the best people for the role, its available as part time, job share or full time. This is because we recognise that sometimes people are not available full time. Due to the nature of our work, you will be willing to travel overseas for project assignments when required.
About the business unit
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans.
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.