Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support and advise the project manager in respect of fulfilment of all contractual obligations.
- Monitor and process on behalf of the client commercial queries from consultants and contractors.
- Attend progress meetings to respond to commercial matters raised.
- Attend internal management meetings to input to reporting processes
- Check submitted assessments and applications and process
- Clarify any queries with consultant or contractor and agree with project managers.
- Carry out periodic commercial checks and due diligence in conjunction with the project manager to ensure information submitted corresponds to records held by the consultant or contractor.
- In conjunction with the project manager provide ongoing assessment of consultant or contractor's estimate to completion
- Receive and check consultant or contractor's final account.
- Negotiate any amendments and reach a final figure and recommendation for acceptance or rejection.
- Act in accordance with the project leaders instructions
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Secure new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Prepare estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statements etc
- Assess applications for payment inline with the contract terms
- The production of lessons learned report for post contract review
- The collection and analysis of cost data
Required for the position of Quantity Surveyor;
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy/Main Contractor
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Pre and post contract experience
- Experience working in collaborative teams
- Experience of NEC Contracts, particularly large contract value
Preferred, but not required
- Demonstrable track record of working in the management services environment
- Environment and water sector experience preferred
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.