Senior Project Manager - Water
Job Type: Full time
Senior Project Manager - Water
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
- The Senior PM will report to the Framework Manager and Manage Treatment and Pipeline & Network projects.
- Agree the project approach with the customer and document the agreement. The PM may act as the Bid Manager for projects, following them through from tender to contract award and through delivery.
- Establish project budget, project plan of work and project control systems as well as ensuring ongoing updates as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish the project team and develop it through leadership
- Identify and manage project risks, costs and resources including staff MM internal staff inputs and, where relevant external contracts.
- Comply with Mott MacDonalds BMS guidance (STEP)
- Assure technical/professional quality of work
- Support the technical team in driving the completion of deliverables, on time and to the required quality.
- Monitor progress against project management plans and undertake regular monthly reviews with the Project Principal.
- Manage identified change(s) to the project
- Report monthly to customer on progress
- Develop a strong relationship with customer
- Promote further work opportunities with customer
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- Excellent at building and using internal networks
- Proven project management experience
- Experience with NEC PSC desirable.
- Track record in delivering complex & profitable design projects.
- Flexibility to travel regularly for client meetings
- Experience in the Water Industry
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Mott MacDonald are currently delivering a growing portfolio of work with key water company clients. We have established ourselves as a key supplier and have delivered a wide variety of interesting projects.
We are expecting that several clients will be coming to the market shortly to tender for their AMP8 consultancy framework and are investing in positioning for these frameworks.
We are looking for a new Senior Project Manager, someone who is keen to build on the good work done in establishing our current position, to support the development of the team structure as we move towards AMP8 and to take a leading position through AMP8 and beyond. It is anticipated that this person will have previous experience in leading and managing projects and programmes of work and as such, they will be responsible for managing larger and more complex projects.
The role is expected to develop and evolve in line with the framework requirements and the candidates' own skills and development areas.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the project being delivered successfully for Mott MacDonald and meeting its technical/professional and contractual obligations. They will need to have the ability to seek advice and actively managing the project whilst identifying ongoing improvements and learning and implement appropriate changes.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence