Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Support and advise the project manager in respect of fulfilment of all contractual obligations.
- Monitor and process on behalf of the client commercial queries from consultants and contractors.
- Attend progress meetings to respond to commercial matters raised.
- Attend internal management meetings to input to reporting processes
- Check submitted assessments and applications and process
- Clarify any queries with consultant or contractor and agree with project managers.
- Carry out periodic commercial checks and due diligence in conjunction with the project manager to ensure information submitted corresponds to records held by the consultant or contractor.
- In conjunction with the project manager provide ongoing assessment of consultant or contractor's estimate to completion
- Receive and check consultant or contractor's final account.
- Negotiate any amendments and reach a final figure and recommendation for acceptance or rejection.
- Act in accordance with the project leaders instructions
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Secure new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Prepare estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statements etc
- Assess applications for payment inline with the contract terms
- The production of lessons learned report for post contract review
- The collection and analysis of cost data
Required for the position of Quantity Surveyor;
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy/Main Contractor
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Pre and post contract experience
- Experience working in collaborative teams
- Experience of NEC Contracts, particularly large contract value
Preferred, but not required
- Demonstrable track record of working in the management services environment
- Environment and water sector experience preferred
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the team
Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency. Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion. Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK's regulated water and wastewater companies.
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.