Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of individual schemes for a client or work under a team leader providing a portfolio of projects to a customer
- Be involved in initiating, managing and delivering projects under our business management systems (BMS)
- Establish budgets and monitor and control the financial performance of projects
- Oversee, develop and mentor more junior staff within the team
- Be expected to contribute to business development activities under the direction of a project principal.
A bit about the team
Our Cambridge team of project managers focuses on the Defence and Education sectors in London and the Southeast and has a strong track record in the delivery of public projects through major frameworks and local projects for private sector clients.
Required for the position of Project Manager;
- Experience in project management in the construction industry with the focus on delivering buildings and infrastructure schemes through all stages of the project cycle
- Degree Qualifications in Construction Project Management or any relevant Engineering discipline
- Be a qualified member of a recognised relevant professional body with chartered status (APM, RICs, MICE, MIStructE, MCIOB Project Management, CIBSE)
- Knowledge of project programming and scheduling software, e.g. MS Project
- Experience of contract administration of JCT and NEC contracts
- Experience of working in the public and private sector on stand-alone schemes and on frameworks
- Eligible for Security Clearance in the UK
Preferred, but not required;
- Someone that is self-motivated and proactive
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively within internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.