Senior Digital Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our enthusiastic, ambitious and growing Information Management team. You will be part of our Information Management network responsible for implementing the latest digital design delivery methods and improved ways of working across our major infrastructure projects. Our team works with a range of major project clients, predominantly in the transportation sector in the UK and North America. Our focus is in the development of innovative digital project solutions to drive efficiency improvements during the delivery of our built environment projects.
This is an opportunity to apply and further hone your development skills within the civil engineering sector, actively working on solutions that help our clients in achieving their objectives towards Net Zero. You'll work as part of a highly successful and innovative team, helping to advise our infrastructure-owning clients in the delivery of their civil engineering assets, predominantly in transportation systems, from railways and roads to bridges and tunnels.
It's an opportunity to be creative in developing information and technology-based solutions to real-world problems, obtaining, organising and extracting value from data, and using the resulting information to help our clients make good decisions. To do this you'll be responsible for leading our team of digital consultants to develop and deliver these solutions and make a positive contribution to the safety, performance and sustainability of our clients' infrastructure, for the benefit of society.
- Leading the development of responsive and scalable high-quality software using agile methodologies
- Architecting web applications, reviewing design and coding standards
- Providing estimates and delivering to agreed timeframes
- Leading a team to help define and develop approaches to getting value from data and working independently on specific analysis tasks.
- Keeping up to date with technology and best practices in web development and share knowledge with wider teams
- Cleaning, structuring and querying asset data, building and using tools for analysis, identifying patterns and trends.
- Applying rigorous quality procedures for management of version control and audit trail in code development.
- Researching and evaluating the potential application of new and emerging technologies for infrastructure data capture and analysis.
- Helping to create decision support tools that combine, contextualize, and create value from collected data.
- Communicating findings to both technical and non-technical people, verbally, statistically, in writing, through visualizations and presentations.
Our ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering and related experience in a similar role in web-based software development. Experience or understanding of the architectural, engineering and construction industry will be beneficial.
You will lead a specialist team in developing solutions by producing high quality code in an agile environment. You will need to have primarily Python and React with SQL experience and enthusiasm to dive into different technologies with a 'can do' attitude.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- MS SQL and NoSQL databases, MongoDB
- API design for streaming data
- Azure services
- Agile delivery methodology
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Team leadership and effective communication skills
It is beneficial if you have any of the following technical knowledge/experience
- .NET / C#
- Vulnerability management
- Git command and team workflows
- Understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.