Senior Project Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Project Manager you will manage your own projects or workstreams on major aviation projects. This opportunity will enable you to support the development of this growing and diverse business whilst progressing your own career. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to support our clients by winning and delivering high quality project and programme management services that contribute to society and make the communities in which we live and work better.
What will the role offer?
You will have opportunities to work on some of the UK's largest Transportation projects, working with key clients and with experts from across Mott MacDonald and the industry. We are passionate about collaborating to deliver high quality solutions with a focus on sustainability, social value and technical excellence.
Some examples of the areas that you may be able to work on;
- Rail - We provide support to major rail infrastructure projects across the UK. We are particularly proud to be involved with Crossrail, HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail along with a large number of other projects.
- Highways - We work closely with National Highways supporting them on a variety of projects across the UK.
- Ports - Our Ports team covers aviation and maritime projects and we are seeing a lot of growth in this area with opportunities at key airports in the UK as well as further afield.
- Local Authority - we support a wide range of local authorities across the country with their transportation projects. These projects often cover elements of rail, highways, sustainability and social value.
Mott MacDonald is proud to support the professional development of all employees, funding one professional institution subscription per year and providing learning and development opportunities to support team members as they progress to chartership.
- Processes and procedures are applied, and any governance protocols followed
- A project management plan is developed and maintained for each project
- Projects are scoped in accordance with agreed project objectives,
- Deliverables are clearly identified and executed,
- Key parameters of cost, time and quality are achieved providing a coherent and realistic action plan against deficiencies,
- Liaise with the projects H&S&W and CDM Representative, acting on advice provided to ensure that project / contractor CDM and Health and Safety compliance matters are satisfactorily discharged and/or adhered to,
- Establish effective stakeholder and communication management processes and structures across the project, Client and stakeholder teams. Specifically consider all necessary actions in terms of liaison, process mapping and reporting with statutory and technical assurance bodies, mitigating potential delays and costs to project performance through timely submissions and consenting requirements,
- Liaise and work across all commercial, procurement and general project control functions, providing the necessary project management input to deliver projects within the agreed project parameters,
- Assess the necessary level of resources and competence in the supply chain teams, taking all necessary reactive measures where required to ensure the required performance,
- Successful administration of the NEC suite of contracts for professional and contractor commissions as dictated by the projects, addressing performance to ensure contractually successful outcomes.
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager:
- Experience working on large transport infrastructure projects
- Membership of the APM
- Chartered (or working towards)
- Experience of managing NEC contracts
- Substantial project management expertise across a wide range of disciplines, contract/procurement routes and market sectors
- Experience of managing and leading large project teams to successful outcomes
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
- Ability to operate both autonomously and as a part of a larger team
- Excellent IT Skills - Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, stakeholders, colleagues and the supply chain
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Flexibility to travel to client sites and other MM offices
- NEC accreditation (3 or 4)
- Experience working with Network Rail, National Highways or a similar UK organisation
- Line management or team leader experience