IT Analyst - Project Applications
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
At Mott MacDonald we are committed to our employees and their growth, and our People Program is our investment in your success. If you join Mott MacDonald there will be opportunities for you to progress to specialist IT roles in applications management, software development, Infrastructure, networking, cloud technologies or security.
Working with IT Operations Centre Management, the Project Applications Team will oversee the day-to-day.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Field, diagnose, and troubleshoot incoming customer requests, and incidents via phone and email.
- Provide timely completion of requests and resolution of problems or escalation of those that cannot be handled directly to appropriate application owner.
- Provide 3rd line of support to application users via, phone, email, and Skype.
- Support CDE Services such as ProjectWise and BIM suites.
- Provide support and troubleshooting related to Project Applications used throughout Mott Macdonald. Some applications are, but not limited to: AutoCAD, Revit, AECOsim, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Infraworks.
- Prioritizing, escalating and tracking incidents as needed.
- Documenting all support interactions within the ticketing system.
- Proactively problem-solve - regularly evaluating the current state of the application, identifying aspects which could be improved and recommend changes.
- Ensure Knowledge based articles are created and maintained to the correct technical standard.
Required for the position of IT Analyst- Project Applications;
- A Computer Science/Engineering graduate or a degree in related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in an IT Service Delivery environment in a large organization in application support for engineering design and information management systems
- Understanding of standard software used in engineering design and how they inter-relate/interact with other programs and peripherals.
- Experience delivering technical support in an engineering environment using Autodesk and Bentley products.
- Experience of using Powershell
- Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Formal accreditation in ITIL v3 or other best practice framework desirable
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- A motivated team player to work as part of the team to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of building strong and productive relationships with key business customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.