IT Analyst - Network Services
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
At Mott MacDonald we are committed to our employees and their growth, and our People Program is our investment in your success. If you join Mott MacDonald there will be opportunities for you to progress to specialist IT roles in applications management, software development, Infrastructure, networking, cloud technologies or security.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Deliver a highly efficient, effective and available services to the business according to agreed business requirements and service levels within specialist areas of expertise, including but not limited to Network and security infrastructure, Datacenters and server rooms
- Provides regular written updates on all tickets, assists the team with same and provides regular reports
- Provide Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Event Management, Request Fulfilment capabilities within the Infrastructure Team.
- Cover system monitoring, alerting, and remediate issues accordingly
- Assists in updating documentation and ensuring that it reflects the exact systems configuration.
- Assists with the configuration management and auditing of all infrastructure Services.
- Builds and maintains relationship with the Global and Regional teams and attend regular meetings with the Global functions
- Effective Incident, problem and change management functions with regards to assigned services
- Perform day-to-day activities and checks as part of the on-going maintenance of the assigned services.
- Ensures that they are carried out in a timely manner and a forward schedule of maintenance and upgrade is implemented.
- Escalation with suppliers as and when required.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of systems and monitoring services
- Auditing of Network Infrastructure & Data Centre services
- Effective system performance/capacity monitoring for all Network & Data Centre Services
- Participation in post implementation/major incident reviews
Required for the position of IT Analyst- Network Services;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Network & Access environment.
- Network Infrastructure (WAN/LAN/VOIP/MPLS/SIP.
- Checkpoint, FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco & Cisco Meraki Firewall technologies.
- MPLS & VPN Links (especially IPSEC LAN<>LAN VPNs.
- Remote Access services (Windows VPN, Direct Access etc.
- Knowledge of LAN Switching and TCPIP (including DHCP, DNS).
Preferred, but not required
- University degree or diploma.
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation Certification.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP.
- Microsoft, Citrix and/or any type of Network Certification.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.