IT Analyst - Compute and Storage Services
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
At Mott MacDonald we are committed to our employees and their growth, and our People Program is our investment in your success. If you join Mott MacDonald there will be opportunities for you to progress to specialist IT roles in applications management, software development, Infrastructure, networking, cloud technologies or security.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Provide support to Compute and Storage infrastructure services.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience by focussing on our employees needs and providing timely resolutions with clear and regular communication.
- Work closely with the wider infrastructure teams helping to define support requirements and improvements to service across Compute and Storage services.
- Act as a technical support analyst within the team - for complex support issues and critical situations in the owned technology areas.
- Assists in improving the Compute & Storage services, proposes and drives forward improvement initiatives.
- Identify problems through analysing incident patterns and suggest enhancements to continually improve our services.
- Understand the critical needs of the business and escalate urgent issues to minimise the impact to the business and employee productivity.
- Ensure the IT solutions we deliver comply with Mott MacDonald standards, policies and any regulation; this includes adhering to our internal governance.
Required for the position of IT Analyst- Compute and Storage Services
- Knowledge of basic software, networking, and hosting concepts
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience in a service desk support role, ideally working to SLAs.
- Experience in administering and operating enterprise infrastructure environments, with Microsoft Technology stack preferred.
Preferred, but not required
- Graduate or equivalent qualification in IT related discipline.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management best practices, ITIL V3/V4.
- Experience working within an enterprise environment focused on Azure specific solutions, automation and infrastructure deployments
- Excellent working knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and Firewalls)
- Experience in Microsoft Hyper-V, MS Windows Server 2016, 2019 & 2022 storage systems and Backup technology experience (preferably Commvault)
- Experience in server and related hardware support (Dell, HP), updates and patch management
- System(s) performance/capacity monitoring from event management perspective.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.