Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Typical duties, but not limited to:
- Establishing and updating complex Excel spread sheets to support engineering projects.
- Assist the project management team with financial and commercial reporting using both internal and client systems and/or processes.
- Provision of project level administration and accountancy support.
- Use of in-house accountancy / reporting software as well as Excel and other systems.
- Recording and management of contractual notices and correspondence, regarding timeframes and notice periods.
- Preparation of invoices, applications for payment and forecasts.
Candidate Specification :
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have:
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel including pivot table creation & manipulation, look-ups, graphs and conditional formatting.
- Macro or VBA / database skills
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently demonstrate a high degree of administration accuracy.
- A systematic approach to work using processes to achieve consistent results.
- Reasonable level of numerate literacy.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Effective time management.
- Experienced in adding value to project support work.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Job Profile :
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking for an experienced Excel Technician to join our team in Croydon, to provide excel and administrative support for the wider Metro and Civils team. This role is as a result of continued expansion of Mott MacDonald's national and international client delivery, in particular on large high-profile projects such as, High Speed 2.
You will be working within a team and undertaking financial, commercial, technical and reporting responsibilities for any of the projects mentioned above.
About the business unit
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes