Project Controls Assistant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking to recruit a Project Controls Assistant to support our Metros & Civils ongoing project controls function and drive forward efficient ways of working as well as improve the accuracy of our reporting. You will be assisting us in continually improving the way data drives our decision making processes.
You will be working within a team and undertaking financial, commercial and reporting responsibilities across a range of high-profile engineering projects. You will assist the project management teams with financial and commercial reporting using both internal and client systems as well as work with project teams to ensure that the right financial information is delivered effectively and efficiently. You will additionally be assisting the team in managing project risks and controlling project time and progress, focusing on improving client satisfaction and effective project delivery. You will also adopt the use of new tools such as PowerBI or other analytical software to improve the efficiency and accuracy of our reporting. Additionally, you will provide project level administration and account commercials support when required. There may also be opportunities in the future to potentially lead a team of Project Controllers, and support will be provided to assist you in obtaining professional qualifications and personal development to progress your career.
Responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting range of project managers and account leaders in financial management of projects and accounts
- Compiling and updating complex Excel spreadsheets to support financial control of projects
- Assist projects in structuring their data to drive insights for performance management
- Preparing invoices and applications for payment and forecasts
- Use in-house accountancy/reporting software as well as Excel, PowerBI and other enterprise systems
- Liaise with clients and assist in project performance reporting
You are highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and its advanced features and have used these features to deliver financial reporting in your career. You have previously worked within a project controls team or have worked within an accounts team to provide support in financial and commercial reporting. You are a keen problem solver with the ability to pick up and learn new skills and technologies. You are self-motivated, able to prioritise and work under pressure to deliver various reports and provide strong attention to detail. Additionally, you are able to demonstrate administration accuracy as well as a high degree of numerate literacy.
You will also be albe to demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
- A higher academic qualification, preferably a degree in accounting, finance or STEM subjects
- Use of advanced Excel features including pivot table creation & manipulation, look-ups, graphs and conditional formatting
- Experience in adding value to project support work through various analytical tools
- A systematic approach to work using processes to achieve consistent results
- Ability to communicate findings clearly
Although not essential any experience using enterprise financial management software and PowerBI or other data analytics software will be desirable and any experience in developing Macros using VBA or experience handling databases would be an advantage.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our Metros and Civils Division comprises of over 400 professional staff, primarily based in our Croydon office. We provide thought leadership, high quality design services, and advisory services to wide ranging engineering projects and Clients. These range from major infrastructure projects in the UK and around the world, such as high-speed rail, port and bridge developments, to working as expert witnesses and coastal policy.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.