Business Intelligence Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence lead to join our ambitious and growing Information Management team. As our Business Intelligence lead you will play an instrumental role in articulating the understanding and value of Business Intelligence to our projects and leadership in order for us to use data more effectively. Working with fellow Team Leads, you will support the growth of the BI team and help shape its culture and behaviours in order to develop a dynamic and driven team. You will already have experience leading small teams and have good technical knowledge of business intelligence/visualisation tools e.g. (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Looker, etc.) and SQL.
You will bring a desire to grow your leadership skills, doing so with a freshness of genuine diversity and inclusion that challenges our preconceptions and norms. We are looking for your vision, ideas and energy that challenges and stretches our thinking forward. Our projects and our clients challenges represent a unique opportunity for the implementation of the latest tools and processes to transform delivery and to help our clients meet their data ambitions.
Are you looking to work with passionate and enthusiastic experts who are tackling the Engineering & Construction (E&C) digital challenges and beyond? Are you a driving force of innovation and want to help build the best support tools in the industry in order to drive more effective decision making? Do you inspire others to go above and beyond, to provide memorable and positive experiences that exceed stakeholders expectations?
- Degree or Masters in a STEM discipline
- Curiosity about data and trends and causality!
- Comfortable communicating insights and findings to a broad range of collaborators, team members, and regional partners. Ability to tell data driven stories in a clear and concise narrative.
- Attention to detail in planning and execution while seeing the big picture and understanding how the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Good technical knowledge of business intelligence/visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Looker, etc.) and SQL.
- Experience in implementing large/complex BI solutions from initial design to delivery/management.
- Experience working with large data sets and pulling data from multiple sources.
- Experience working closely with geographically disperse teams.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Knowledge of R/Python for advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Relevant delivery experience in the engineering industry or closely related engineering consulting role is highly desirable.
- If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the Information Management (IM) Team:
Our dynamic and diverse team ranges from information consultants, product owners, software developers to data analysts and everything in between. We are not short on ambition, and we want our people to have genuinely exciting and fulfilling careers full of equal opportunities for growth, with a real sense of purpose through meaningful work and relationships.
We work with our clients helping them to harness opportunities, including digital to tackle their complex challenges. We do this by bringing together the best of our Information management and engineering domain knowledge and digital know-how. Our clients are predominantly in the transport sector managing major delivery projects or portfolios based in the UK and North America.
We are looking for someone who can lead a team of hard-working and energetic business intelligence analysts to help Mott MacDonald respond to the digital challenges of the E&C industry. This is a team lead role with expectation for hands-on work as you combine the art and science of analytics and insights to paint a data-driven picture of today's business and tomorrow's opportunities. The ideal candidate should have a passion for data and a fascination with how this can be turned into real value during delivery.
If you love data, are a self-starter, get things done from concept to enablement, work well with cross-functional teams, and are looking to make an impact, this is the job for you!
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development