Senior Rolling Stock Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Responsible for delivering a broad range of consultancy tasks in the field of railway vehicle mechanical engineering.
- Writing specifications, undertaking design reviews and system investigations, incident investigation and fault finding
- Undertaking site visits to inspect rail vehicles and carry out investigations and incorporating results in detailed formal technical reports or letters
- Providing guidance generally on vehicle mechanical systems to clients and other Mott MacDonald people.
- Communicate with key clients and promote Mott MacDonald and its services.
- There will also be a need to travel to other locations (company or client, office or site) within the UK and overseas.
- Essential to have rail vehicle mechanical experience across a wide range of systems including the ability to read drawings and schematics and use test equipment.
- Either have or be actively working towards a degree in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- Good knowledge of the rail industry and experience of assessing designs to appropriate railway standards including other national standards such as Australian and North American if possible.
- Desirable to have experience of vehicle testing and failure investigation
- Experience of producing or reviewing design submissions
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- An aptitude and willingness for mentoring less experienced engineers
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
You’ve got this!