Job Type: Full time
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
We have an exciting opportunity for a developing pipeline design engineer to join our growing water pipeline & networks team. You will actively contribute to the design of innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal, across our water utility client's network, vital to meet the ever-growing societal demands of development, population growth and climate change. Get in touch if you want to know more and are keen to be involved in the development of innovative solutions to solve these very real challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. There is the option for this role to be full time or part-time.
As a Pipeline Engineer you will be a key part of our multidisciplinary team of technical specialists, delivering projects in close partnership with clients and contractors. You will actively contribute to the technical design of innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal across our water utility client's networks. The ideal candidate would be a graduate or early career professional progressing towards chartership or newly chartered, and keen to progress their career and evolve within Mott MacDonald.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical input across our programmes throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies through to detailed design and construction support
- Supporting the delivery of wastewater and/or potable water pipeline schemes to budget, programme and quality standards
- Supporting the development of engineering solutions to growth challenges, as well as complex trunk main burst repairs, bespoke design solutions for clean water asset repair and maintenance, mains rehabilitation, new meter and valve installations and development of asset condition assessments in a collaborative approach with the contractor
- Proactive management of design risk to deliver constructable design solutions
- Producing engineering calculations, specifications, drawings and reports
- Supporting continuous improvement of procedures and processes to drive efficiency and innovation, contributing to the application of our digital engineering initiatives
- Engaging regularly with the Client and stakeholders to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships
- Working collaboratively across disciplines to ensure the efficient delivery of projects
- Contributing to commercial success through forecasting and risk management, and supporting the production of bids and proposals
Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career. We can offer development in technical, management or client-facing directions. You will have control of your own career path.
We are seeking a motivated Pipeline Engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Civil Engineering degree qualified or equivalent
- Experience in clean / potable water pipeline design and pumping/booster stations and/or wastewater network and associated infrastructure design
- UK water infrastructure experience
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary water pipeline and networks projects with other technical disciplines including environmental specialists, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers
- An understanding of the designers' responsibilities under CDM
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to be able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Project Management experience is not essential but previous experience or a desire to develop these skills would be beneficial
- Knowledge of network management, meter and valve installations
- Knowledge of pipeline commissioning, and clean water pipeline survey techniques
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application.
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.