Senior Carbon and Sustainability Advisor
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Senior Carbon and Sustainability Advisor
We are currently looking for a senior carbon advisor with decarbonisation experience in infrastructure and the built environment to join our climate change and asset management team.
The successful candidate will have solid experience within a similar role and would be responsible for the delivery of carbon management advisory projects for a wide range of clients in the water and other infrastructure sectors.
- Leading the winning and delivery of strategic carbon management and climate change projects
- Experience in using PAS 2080 to help our clients with their decarbonisation journey and provide decarbonisation strategic advisory and technical advisory skills
- Provide senior inputs in whole life carbon assessments/footprinting for infrastructure investment appraisal studies
- Support our team improve existing carbon quantification tools to align with latest good practice
- Work with our water and other infrastructure specialists to identify future sustainability and climate change opportunities with our water sector clients
- Developing carbon management strategies for water utilities and other infrastructure clients
- Asset management/planning and engagement with infrastructure clients
- Assessing the performance of projects against national and international standards and to inform the development of project design taking into account carbon management and other sustainability metrics
We are looking for motivated strategic thinkers, who want to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, the environment and society, with an interest in developing their knowledge and experience, joining our existing team of carbon specialists, climate scientists, data scientists, engineers, environmentalists, asset managers and investment planning advisors in infrastructure.
Required for the position of Senior Carbon and Sustainability Advisor ;
- Relevant science, engineering or other related degree
- Excellent numerical skills, including the use of Excel and other tools
- Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change in the water sector
- Demonstrate experience of working in the water sector and understanding of regulatory and investment drivers, including benefits assessment and capital investment programmes analysis
- Experience in applying change management programmes in asset owner organisations and their supply chains using PAS 2080 or similar decarbonisation frameworks
- Experience in engaging with clients, particularly asset owners, to open new carbon advisory opportunities and turn them into project work and clear deliverables
- Experience in identifying future opportunities for our water sector clients in the decarbonisation space and improve our knowledge and service offering
- Proven professional network in our industry - decarbonisation and water.
- Experience in leading the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget, especially in the infrastructure sector
- Utility scale water sector experience - experience in other infrastructure sectors desirable
- Well-rounded knowledge on wider sustainability and climate change issues, particularly in water sector policies (UK or other parts of the world)
- Project management, client liaison and consulting skills
- Keen interest in developing your technical and commercial skills
- Knowledge of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting and carbon management, (e.g. PAS2080: Carbon Management in infrastructure, among others)
- Experience of using asset information
- Asset Management and investment prioritisation experience
- Experience with water sector (or other economic infrastructure sectors) regulation and drivers
Carbon management is a key driver for all infrastructure clients and the wider built environment with most organisations now having ambitious carbon reduction and net zero carbon targets. This includes Europe, Australasia and increasingly regions such as the Middle East, North America and others where there is now recognition that investment in low carbon infrastructure is needed to meet the Paris Agreement goals.
In this role you will apply your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of decarbonisation advisory projects and strategic/feasibility studies, particularly in the infrastructure sectors including water. You will have the opportunity to apply and further develop your decarbonisation skills across different areas of our portfolio, such as carbon strategies, applying standards such as PAS 2080, developing low carbon solutions and decarbonisation roadmaps, and business improvement initiatives in infrastructure owners amongst others.
We are seeking a Senior Carbon Advisor who will represent the company in technical meetings, supervise the work of more junior staff, and provide technical and professional guidance to aid their development.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application.
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com.