Unit Health & Safety Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
You will be joining a team of 40 Health and Safety professionals who work across the country, the role is primarily focused on internal health and safety of Mott MacDonald employees, however, there will be a requirement for client engagement and some fee earning work as required.
A bit about the team
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisory (HSW) Services, part of the Advisory Unit, deliver solutions and advice to Mott MacDonald clients globally, we take an open and inclusive approach, aiming to be health and safety service provider of choice and to support our clients through innovation and professional excellence.
In the evolving discipline of health and safety, we are seeking applicants who can think laterally and search out the connections that others fail to make.
- To improve Unit's health, safety and wellbeing performance
- To promote the use of the Mott MacDonald Business management system to improve our performance
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement by engaging the support of the unit management
- To provide or arrange health and safety training for staff
- To report to the Unit General Manager on health and safety performance, including analysis of trends and issues arising from audits and the dissemination of lessons learned as appropriate
- To support in closing out non-conformities and escalating issues where necessary
- To contribute to or undertake internal incident investigations as required
- To provide health and safety support and advice to senior management and staff
- To keep abreast of developments in relevant legislation and practice and act upon any changes accordingly
- To represent the Unit externally, where required, including liaising with the enforcement authorities and other bodies as necessary
- To work with the Unit HR team to ensure employment policies and other HR issues incorporate required health and safety requirements
- To work with Regional safety manager and HR to promote wellbeing within the Unit
- Promote a positive intervention culture
- Audit offices and projects within the Unit, both in the UK and overseas.
- Develop initiatives and oversee their implementation to raise awareness of health and safety.
- Produce monthly reports on health and safety performance.
- Analyse health and safety data to spot trends and suggest corrective action plans.
- Support and train Project safety Advisers
- Organise and chair the monthly safety meeting ensuring that all divisions within the unit contribute and undertake actions as required.
- Liaise with the management of the energy divisions to ensure that they support and promote health and safety
- Develop the annual Energy health and safety plan ensuring that the objectives are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant & Time-bound).
- Engage with staff at all levels to show them how to raise positive interventions at work, outside of work and in engineering design.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.