Senior Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
Mott MacDonald Digital Ventures is at the heart of this revolution - transforming infrastructure at speed by connecting innovation to outcomes. We work across the globe with some of the biggest and most progressive clients, on the most exciting projects. We exist to empower lasting industry transformation, enable engineering innovation on demand through our Moata platform, and drive transformational growth through our partnerships - bringing the best ideas and innovations together.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to become Senior Software Engineer within our Digital Ventures Unit. The home office location is London, where you will join and become a key part of our global team and business.
We help our clients put information at the heart of what they do and derive ever greater value from it. Our focus is the provision of outcome focused, game-changing results. This is powered by a unique combination of domain plus digital expertise, harnessing 120 years of engineering legacy alongside the power of cutting-edge technology, from both Mott MacDonald and our partners. By 'connecting innovation to outcomes' we can continue to enable better outcomes across the planning, delivery, and operation of our client's asset base.
You will be part of an exciting team responsible for developing our cloud-based applications. Our Moata platform is currently used by our largest clients across the world, and you'll be working with our team to scale it. You'll work mostly in the API and Data tiers and there is potential for front-end work if desired.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, refactor and maintain scalable, high-performance solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to coding best practices
- Participate in architecture and design discussions across the stack
- Coach and mentor other developers, providing guidance, support, and code reviews to ensure the team's growth and maintain code quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to gather requirements and deliver exceptional software solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities and improvements to the technical landscape that could deliver greater business value
- Contribute to and maintain our coding standards and best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, identify bottlenecks, and continuously improve application performance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, and apply that knowledge to enhance the team's capabilities
Strong commercial experience working with the following technologies:
- C# .net Core
- ASP.net Core,
- RESTful API's
- Databases (MS SQL, Postgres)
- Cloud technologies (Azure)
- Testing frameworks (xUnit or similar),
It would also be advantageous if you had experience in any of the following:
- Enterprise API development
- Caching techniques
- Working in Agile teams
- Integration testing
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.