Social Value Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
- Manage a portfolio of social value projects in the energy and nuclear space to deliver on commitments and promises to clients.
- Managing, coaching, and developing junior members of staff in project teams around social value. Have responsibility for line managing two junior members of the social value team.
- Lead workshops /meetings with the social value project teams to ensure best practice ideas are shared.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders - internal and external - including the MM group, EUNA, clients, community groups, VCSEs, MSMEs, schools local to the project to promote and raise awareness of Mott MacDonald social value activities.
- Collation, analysis, and reporting of data to enable the assessment of performance against targets.
- Adopt a proactive approach to improving performance and promoting Social Value to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams from across the business to design innovative social value projects relevant to each discipline.
- Create good news stories, case studies, and communicate social value stories via Mott MacDonald's social media channels.
- Liaise with early career professionals to develop understanding of social value.
- Attend and speak at external events and undertake external business development.
- Identify opportunities for external collaboration with likeminded organisations, clients, and professional membership organisations.
- Contribute to building Mott MacDonald's external reputation for being a leader in social value.
- Reporting to Technical Director (Social Value).
- An excellent knowledge of the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, PPN 06/20, Sustainable Development Goals, Wellbeing, Equality, diversity and Inclusion and best practice social value delivery.
- Proven experience of developing social value plans and strategies including, but not limited to, actions around project delivery, internal team engagement, procurement, supply chain engagement, community outreach, apprenticeship schemes, UK government and devolved nations social value policies, collaboration and local skills development.
- Construction, infrastructure, nuclear design, and consultancy experience preferred but not essential.
- Proven experience of contributing to bids and winning work.
- Experience of project delivery and management - including managing multiple budgets, resources, and working to tight deadlines.
- Comfortable liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, presenting, and writing.
- Experience in public speaking.
- An ability to build networks and coach others.
- A proactive attitude towards innovation, leading initiatives and driving change.
- Analytical and inquisitive.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Able to work independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate analysis and good, clear, report writing.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Personal, academic and/or professional passion for social development, social science and research.
- Passionate about the role of social value in infrastructure and the built environment.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.