Senior Principal ITS Consultant (EV Infrastructure)
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
Mott MacDonald's Technology Services team provides highways-sector consultancy services and delivers and maintains high-quality transport technology solutions. Our work covers all aspects of ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) from concept, feasibility, design, delivery, maintenance, training and operations. We are seeking a candidate to contribute to this team. This role will include business development as well as technical delivery with the opportunity to use the individual's established skills and experience to contribute towards the growth of the Technology Services team, and support the wider organisation.
The Senior Principal ITS Consultant will provide technical and management support to opportunities, tenders and projects. For this role an understanding of the concepts and implementation of electric vehicles and associated infrastructure is required. We are also looking for someone who can think strategically, understanding clients' issues and working closely with Mott MacDonald colleagues to develop solutions from initial concept through to initial and detailed design phases. A key element of this role will be developing the business, refining services offered, and engaging with client the client base. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience of working in the UK and ideally elsewhere, having a broad understanding of proven and developing technologies across the Transport arena together with their application to meet client needs. The role could be based in our Bristol, Birmingham Southampton or Glasgow office, with travel in the UK a necessity. Travel abroad may also be required, both to deliver work and win new work for Mott MacDonald.
Reports to: Head of Service -ITS
Direct reports (if any): team to be developed to meet business demand
Interacts with: External Client strategy, technical and planning teams, Internal: other technical disciplines, especially transport and strategy teams,
- Provide strategic technical and operational expertise in Intelligent transport systems, particularly in the area electric vehicle infrastructure
- Identification of opportunities
- Liaison with customers to establish requirements, coordinate work and provide support;
- Production/review of design documentation;
- Management of the design, commissioning and testing of solutions;
- Utilise management information to effectively manage own and team performance
- Set and review objectives, targets and performance for all team members
- Monitor and manage to KPIs
- Management of the day to day work of project team(s) to achieve objectives
- Provide regular support, feedback and coaching to develop team members
- Identify, escalate and / or manage opportunities, risks and issues as appropriate.
- Ensure a thorough and up to date understanding of procedures and standards, operational systems and processes, contribute to the wider team and organisation through project work when requested
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- BEng / BSc (in engineering or related subject)
- Experience in ITS consultancy and / or engineering
- Experience in electric vehicles/ electric vehicle infrastructure
Essential competencies / skills:
- Track record of supporting the successful delivery of major ITS projects
- Ability to develop relationships and engender trust with Clients and partners
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative
- A team player
Desired academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
- Evidence of supporting winning proposals
- Experience of working with National England and UK local authorities
Desired competencies / skills:
- Flexibility in working location / country
- Customer relationship skills
- Project, financial and resource management skills
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.