Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
A bit about the team
Owning to the continued expansion within our built environment sector, we have exciting opportunities for quantity surveying professionals to join our growing team to be based in Cardiff or Bristol. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both public and private sector programmes. Many of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout.
Our Built Environment Advisory Team specialise in providing Programme, Project and Cost Management (PPCM) services to tackle a wide range of complex and challenging projects for our clients.
We currently have three strategic areas of focus including:
- Health - Assisting with the delivery of the Government's Health Ambitions through major Programmes and working directly with NHS trusts to support with capital delivery and estate rationalisation.
- Government - Supporting the delivery of a number of major Government led property improvement national programmes.
- Cities - Supporting our Cities clients deliver better social, economic and environmental outcomes including £1bn residential led regeneration programme and major sports and entertainment venues as a catalyst for regeneration.
We are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor who demonstrates a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
What you will contribute to the team;
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- Prepare valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- Attend appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
- Supporting the development and promotion of Mott MacDonald's presence within the Wales and South West region
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities within the Wales and South West region
- Supporting the development of best practice initiatives for the delivery of our services within this sector
- Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald is one of the world's largest employee-owned businesses? This means that we are not accountable to external stakeholders and are in control of our own future. This creates a unique culture where decisions are made for the benefit of the staff/company over the long term.
We are proud to be a one of Glassdoor's top 25 employers to work for in the UK in 2023, as well as being recognised by the Financial Times and market and consumer data company Statista as one of the UK's leading and highly recommended management consultants in: Construction & Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities & Environment, Public & Social Sector, Sustainability, and Travel, Transport & Logistics.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.