Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will will be supporting the team within Water and Environment.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Ensuring robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities
- Managing commercial inputs to the procurement process including ensuring that strategies are developed and agreed
- Contracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, programme submissions etc
- Ensuring robust cost management is undertaken at all times
- Proactive management of project and programme risk including ensuring that mitigation plans are in place and implemented
- Development of strong client relationships across its organisation
Required for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Chartered Surveyor, ideally MRICS, with a degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Technically and commercially aware able to deliver on all post contract service delivery and to solve problems
- Proactive and self motivated
- Effective time management - efficient and adding value to projects
- Customer focus - ability to engage in sound relationships with the customer project team
Preferred, but not required
- A knowledge and expertise in the water/waste water industry sector
- Monitor that technical solutions meet with technical standards, legal obligations and client requirements
- Uses a systematic approach to critically examine the situation from different perspective
- Gather relevant information from different sources in reaching a decision
- Generate and weigh the different options in arriving at decisions
- Weigh the risks and consequences of all options
- Make well reasoned, sound and timely decisions based on the needs of the situation, the clients and the team members
- Involve and consult those affected by the decision
- Maintain and build on existing client relationships to anticipate needs
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.