Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Cost Manager within our Birmingham or Sheffield team, you will work in a customer facing environment, providing specialist quantity surveying advice to a range of internal and external clients across the buildings portfolio.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advices including the impact of inflation
- Providing estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
Required for the position of Senior Cost Manager;
- Degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Chartered MRICS qualified
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy whilst managing high value contracts within the building industry is essential
- Able to demonstrate experience of pre contract surveying duties on building projects preferably with private sector experience
Preferred, but not required
- Ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
- Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
- Experience mentoring junior staff
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
Our buildings portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the public and private sector of the construction market. We provide cost and project management services for a wide range of clients including central government, local authorities and private clients. We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property. Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.