Group Finance Compliance & Governance Accountant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
We are looking for an experienced financial accountant to join our Financial Compliance and Governance team based in Croydon.
As Group Finance Compliance and Governance Accountant you will report to the Group Finance Compliance and Governance Manager. Your key duties will include:
- Coordinating the completion and review of the group's internal controls matrices
- Reviewing and monitoring the completion of statutory accounts of the group's subsidiary entities as well as reviewing their external audit reports
- Providing a finance interface with the Group's internal audit function, reviewing draft reports and providing feedback
- Putting into place action plans to address issues highlighted in the above reviews
- Reviewing reconciliation of subsidiary statutory accounts to the consolidation packs submitted for group consolidation purposes
- Preparing papers for impairment review process
- Overseeing preparation of the quarterly Management Accounts to Financial Accounts reconciliation
- Assisting with identification and review of new accounting standards or other requirements likely to impact the Group
- Assisting in the implementation of requirements arising from the new corporate governance legislation as that develops.
- Assisting in preparing and maintaining Group Directives/policies and Finance and Accounting manuals
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good knowledge of internal controls and risks within main process areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to produce clear and concise technical information and reports
- Able to establish good working relationships with colleagues in other functions and work collaboratively
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong leadership and influencing skills in relation to stakeholder management.
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.