Information Management Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
A bit about the team
The vision for our new Strategic Advisory portfolio is to Empower lasting industry transformation. We enable clients to navigate complex challenges by combining industry leading technical domain knowledge, digital innovation and consulting excellence with our network of collaborative partners. Our trusted advice ensures clients not only thrive, but remain agile, resilient, and in step in a volatile world. We remain pragmatic and outcomes-focused in shaping and implementing transformational change that delivers demonstrable social, economic and environmental value."
What you will contribute to the team
As an Information Management Consultant, you will use your technical knowledge and experience of Information management principles (BIM ISO 19650) to guide and advise clients through their information management journey to improve the quality of information, how it is used and managed for better decision-making, digital twin development and greater asset resilience.
- Demonstrated experience in information management, or related roles, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing information management strategies and solutions, e.g., requirements specification, process mapping and information verification.
- The ability to analyse complex data and information systems, identifying areas for improvement and optimization.
- The ability to develop clear and concise documentation and reports and present these to clients
- Experience in delivering information management projects, including scoping, planning, and execution.
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements related to information management, including those on the horizon.
- Previous professional experience within management consultancy, IT/Digital, Engineering, or an in-house role in which you have gained exposure to information management project(s).
- Proficiency in COBie (Construction Operations Building Information Exchange) implementation and handover processes, with a track record of ensuring seamless data exchange in construction and facility management projects.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing robust information security strategies, safeguarding data assets, and mitigating security risks.
- Strong understanding of information governance principles and practical experience in establishing and maintaining governance frameworks to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Familiarity with information protocols and the ability to define and enforce standardized procedures for information management and sharing.
- Holding a recognized Information Management Certification (e.g., Certified Information Professional - CIP or equivalent) to validate your expertise in the field.
- Proficiency in quality management practices, including information quality assessment, improvement strategies, and ensuring data accuracy and reliability throughout the information lifecycle.
Behaviours / values
- Understanding and commitment to Mott MacDonald's PRIDE values (Progress; Respect; Integrity; Drive; Excellence)
- A self-starter mentality with a desire to apply initiative and new ideas, who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- An open minded, confident, collaborative attitude; a strong sense of team spirit; vision driven.
- Ability to think strategically and laterally, bringing creativity to problem-solving.
- Interest and passion for innovation and technology.
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.