Senior Associate or Technical Director
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
We have an exciting opportunity for a wastewater treatment Technical Director to join our growing UK team of process engineers. We are looking for an experienced specialist with a passion for technical leadership, delivery of wastewater treatment projects, innovation, implementing sustainable solutions and building collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
As a Technical Director, you will be a recognised industry leader and a focal point for technical excellence on a range of wastewater treatment projects.
What you will contribute to the team:
- Guiding teams of talented process engineers to deliver feasibility, outline design and detailed design projects
- Using your experience in wastewater treatment to drive the development of affordable, low carbon solutions
- Promoting technical excellence and innovation to address complex technical problems
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues and joint venture partners, representing the company in technical and consortia meetings
- Supporting, mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues, fostering their professional development
Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career. You will have control of your own career path and great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
We are looking for a wastewater treatment Technical Director who has experience working on a wide range of wastewater treatment projects. We are seeking a driven individual with a passion for finding solutions that meet environmental and cost drivers whilst delivering excellent customer outputs. The ideal candidate would be an experienced career professional who wants to progress their career as a focal point for technical excellence.
- Relevant degree with a process engineering bias
- Chartered Member/Fellow with a relevant professional institution (i.e. IChemE or CIWEM)
- Extensive technical experience in a wide range of municipal wastewater and bioresources treatment processes
- Confident in front end options identification, assessment and selection, including front end engineering design (FEED)
- Low carbon footprint designs and ability to support our clients' journey to net zero
- Experience of new and emerging technologies and techniques
- Experience in wastewater treatment process emissions (nitrous oxide and methane) would be advantageous
- Excellent communicator and able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, including to non-technical staff and clients
- Excellent client relationship management
- Able to check and review work of others to provide quality assurance and drive continuous improvement in work delivered to the client
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.