Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a chartered Quantity Surveyor you will have experience in the Health Sector to join our Health Advisory Team principally based in London. Knowledge of other sectors would be of interest including higher education, residential and schools.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Supporting the development and promotion of Mott MacDonald's presence within the Health sector
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities within the Health sector
- Supporting the development of best practice initiatives for the delivery of our services within this sector
- Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- Prepare valuations and financial statements; assist NEC PM's in assessing and valuing compensation events, re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Support in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- Attend appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
Required for the position of Quantity Surveyor;
- Experience in relevant sectors: acute hospital developments both new build and refurbishment projects, within live hospital environments, an understanding of NEC contracts is required as well.
- Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
- Chartered MRICS
- Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy team whilst managing a range of contract values across a variety of healthcare facilities including acute, mental health, primary care, supported living and working across multiple projects, medium to high complexity projects
- Competent in client facing roles and support on client account management
- Competent at building relationships with internal management and supporting externally with key client stakeholders
Preferred, but not required
- Competent at managing and cultivating defined client relationships and securing new work
- Demonstrates leadership and able to work well in large teams, responsible for staff development, resourcing and/or is a recognised Technical lead within a specialist area
- Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
- CostX / PowerBI / SharePoint experience is desirable but not essential
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.