Senior Associate Estimator
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management, and development consultancy. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Associate Estimator to help win and deliver projects at a regional, national and international level. You will also take a leading role in establishing and maintaining client relationships which focus on technically excellent cost estimating delivery.
What you will contribute to the team:
- Managing and Preparing estimates and cost plans in line with defined briefs, customer objectives and contracted scope of works.
- Implementing the management of estimate deliverables in conjunction with design project management and third party input.
- Coordinating with design teams to ensure estimate deliverables fully capture all required scope.
- Interpretation of programmes, construction and logistics reports to inform estimating deliverables.
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget.
- Target cost contract reviews.
- Third party estimate reviews.
- Inputting into transport business cases, including whole life costing and alignment with Sustainable Development Goals.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining estimate management good practise and upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment.
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data.
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Assisting in securing new and repeat business.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager.
You will work with our Technical Principal and Practice Lead to drive training and development outcomes across the practice and ensure our people remain at the forefront of technically excellent, digitally focussed and innovative delivery. Our clients include private and public sector organisations across a range of sectors including rail, highway and ports; but are not limited to Mott MacDonald's core infrastructure areas (Built Environment, Energy, Transport and Water).
Mott MacDonald's Estimating and Cost Intelligence function is a dedicated practice of over 120 estimating and cost intelligence professionals operating across the Transport, Water, Environment, Energy and Defence sectors. Owing to substantial growth and a pipeline of exciting opportunities, we seek a Senior Associate Estimator to lead the delivery of technically excellent estimates in our Transportation sector.
We are looking for people across all locations above those stated - Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield would be possible too.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence