IT Solutions Specialist - Productivity Applications
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
Work as part of an agile team to ensure the stable and efficient delivery of the services within the Productivity Applications Delivery Team, with an emphasis on the components of the Microsoft 365 service / Office 365 Service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take ownership of selected services within the Productivity Applications Delivery Team portfolio and move them through their service lifecycle.
- Develop long strategies, continual service improvements to facilitate the improvement of Productivity Applications through the service lifecycle.
- Providing level three and four support for products in the portfolio of services provided by the Productivity Applications Delivery Team, with an emphasis on the components of the Microsoft 365 service / Office 365 Service.
- Monitor and maintain system performance of Microsoft 365 applications
- Maintain technical support documentation through Knowledge Base Articles, and other internal communication methods
- Proactively seek out information from the Microsoft Community to make valuable /informed contributions to our service roadmaps for Microsoft 365 / Office 365
- Ensure compliance with Mott MacDonald standards, policies, and regulations. To work effectively with the Change Manager to ensure change does not happen outside of the Change Control process.
- Experience of working in an IT Applications team.
- Understanding and experience of an IT Applications support model
- Broad knowledge of Productivity Applications especially the Office 365 components, including but not limited to:
- The Office 365 tenant
- SharePoint Online
- Exchange Online
- Office 365 Groups
- Microsoft Teams
- OneDrive for Business, including the sync client
- Office 365 Pro Plus
- Experience of IT service management processes.
- Experience of working in an IT Applications team as part of a multinational organisation
- Membership of the Microsoft 365 Club / Office 365 Club or similar
- Experience in service ownership
- Microsoft Office 365 MVP
- Basic Project Management skills
- Business Analysis skills
- Application development skills
- Microsoft IT certifications
- Experience of agile delivery
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non technical stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A motivated team player to work as part of the team to meet deadlines.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving and finding solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when under pressure with proven track record in achieving SLAs.
- Motivated to take on increasing responsibilities and drive career progression
Formal Education & Certification:
- A relevant degree or equivalent is highly desirable or a BE/B Tech/MCA from a reputable institute.
- MCSA or MCSE or relevant certification in Microsoft Office 365 is desirable
- Business Analysis Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- ITIL V4 foundation is desirable.
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.