Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an ambitious human resources manager to lead the HR team supporting our EUNA Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) business unit. This is a full time we are looking for this role to commence as soon as possible.
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
If you have any questions or need to send us your application in a different format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
This is a generalist role in which you will act as professional lead and role model for HR practice, sharing knowledge and skills across the unit, and be responsible for the management of the HR team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the unit leadership team as a trusted advisor for the escalation of any people related risks or initiatives related to people.
- Encourage the development and careers of staff within the unit through the people agenda i.e. talent management, succession planning and learning initiatives.
- Take personal responsibility within HR for following company procedures and policies operating in accordance to risk and control processes.
- Ensure high levels of engagement throughout the HR team through positive relationships and collaboration within HR and across the HR community.
- Advocate HR best practice and ensure that the HR team provide quality advice and commercially astute solutions to business challenges.
- Support key regional or group HR activities as and when required.
- Lead on business-critical people initiatives relevant to the unit and support on regional and group initiatives
- Champion the people cycle within the unit i.e. annual reviews, merit bonuses, performance development reviews etc.
- Lead and manage the HR team within APD
- Coach, challenge and support senior managers on general HR issues.
- Provide robust advice on all HR issues such as reward, talent and culture.
- Ensure quality of advice provided by the APD HR team.
- Support in the provision of workshops relating to key HR topics i.e. development discussions, mental health awareness
- Employee engagement - understand the themes of the unit and determine the appropriate action plans and drive commitments at unit level
- Review and benchmark remuneration and benefits in line with the internal and external market
- Have a detailed understanding of the overall Global Mobility (GM) agenda for the unit and advocate best practice throughout ensuring that across the unit assignments are structured to be compliant and cost effective.
- Support the group in the implementation of GM policies ensuring that GM remains a key focus within the group and GM services address the needs of the unit.
We're looking for a chartered CIPD qualified senior HR professional with experience in a management and leadership role. You'll have well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills and an ability to build collaborative relationships and manage a variety of stakeholders, each with differing requirements and challenges. We are looking for someone who demonstrates commitment to principles, stands their ground if challenged and pursues objectives with determination. It's important that you can inspire trust and confidence and establish credibility through effective partnership skills by consistently delivering against commitments.
You'll also come with:
- Strong organisational and management skills combined with attention to detail
- Good planning, prioritisation, and problem-solving capability
- Good coaching and delegation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR practices and principles
- A strong focus on customer service and pragmatic delivery of HR services
- Global Mobility experience and knowledge
- A motivation to engage in own continuous learning and development