Senior Commercial Principal
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
As Senior Commercial Principal in our Buildings and Cities London and South East Division you will be responsible for providing contractual and commercial support across a wide range of projects and disciplines. You will interface with the project controls and finance teams on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Divisional Commercial Manager, duties will be centred on improving all round project performance, through promotion and application of best practice, identifying areas of concern, formulating strategies for improvement and resolution of project issues as well as protecting Mott MacDonald's interests through ensuring appropriate contractual positions are obtained.
You will be an experienced, commercially focussed individual, with a working knowledge of construction industry contracts and project management earned through project delivery in the built environment sector.
You will support the Divisional Commercial Manager with reviewing industry standard Contracts and bespoke Agreements, driving compliance with internal governance standards and providing advice and support during negotiations of contracts and other settlements with external parties. You will assist project teams in obtaining, understanding and utilising legal advice.
You will be able to communicate effectively with a range of groups, both internally and externally, including senior management, legal advisors, project principals/managers and junior members of project teams.
As part of the commercial team you will contribute to the development of new proposals and tools for improving efficiency and automation of commercial reporting and tasks.
You will be supported by our growing Projects Controls Team to provide commercially focussed input and support to our project managers and project principals.
Required for the position of Senior Commercial Principal:
- Ideally you will hold a degree in a relevant discipline
- Hold relevant professional qualification
- Previous experience of contract administration
- Familiarity with legal and commercial principles of consultancy contracts
- Cost planning skills and experience of project delivery
- Relevant experience working on construction projects in transportation, defence, built environment projects, and/or design and build
- Ability to operate both autonomously and as a part of a larger team
- Excellent IT Skills using Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication skills including and presenting or training
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Previous experience working with cost management tools
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Flexibility to travel to client sites and other MM offices
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.