Job Type: Full time
Mott Macdonald Bentley (MMB) are recruiting for a Technical Manager to join the Anglian Water @ONE Alliance on a permanent basis, based in the Peterborough area.
Who are we?
Here within the @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water's capital investment programme.
We are heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see us deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
With such an exciting portfolio of projects planned for AMP7 to keep the water flowing across the region, our ability to manage our work and outperform against our customer's expectations will come under greater scrutiny. To ensure suitable designs, resources and engineering outputs are achieved for designated projects, we are looking for a Technical Manager to join our team.
What will you be doing as our new Technical Manager?
As our new Technical Manager, you'll be responsible for CDM Principal Designer duties whilst ensuring technical outputs meet the requirements of the Totex Delivery Process as well as meeting project affordability within timescales agreed with the project team. As a visible and hands on leader, you'll regularly provide technical support during assembly as required.
- Deliver complete designs to meet project requirements whilst embracing technological advancements and help achieve the aim of fully attributed 3D models for every project to facilitate the manipulation of data
- Develop and embed standard products, quality standards, collaborative working approaches and the Risk, Opportunity & Value process to optimise performance and reputation
- Drive and champion excellence in Health & Safety by completing required audits and documentation and never compromising anyone's safety during projects
- Plan the technical aspects of project by liaising with Lead Project Managers, Integrated Project Leaders and Discipline Heads; paying attention to correct resource allocation to meet project demands
- Effectively manage a wide-range of diverse stakeholder groups by acting as the trusted and visible technical link between Operations, Construction and Commissioning
- Provide an environment where individuals can thrive and develop to enhance the overall team's performance by continuously pushing the boundaries to consistently outperform
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
To join the team, you'll hold a degree, HNC or HND in Engineering and have experience in a technical role and be comfortable managing designs and multi-disciplinary projects.
Able to inspire and lead a team, you'll be customer focused in all the activities you undertake. With a strong appreciation of how collaboration can truly unlock complex projects, you'll be able to assess unique situations and draw upon your technical expertise to make decisive, yet safety conscious, decisions to keep projects on track.
Always operating with integrity and accountability, you'll be able to build rapport and trust amongst your stakeholder and establish yourself and the team across the Alliance.
What we can offer:
At Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary which is commensurate based on your experience. Our core benefits include:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans