Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Join our rapidly growing Supply Chain and Procurement practice supporting some of the most exciting projects and clients in the UK. Working within a leading employee owned global consultancy, you will be contributing to our teams ambitious growth and supporting the delivery of strategic change across a range of sectors and clients.
As a Procurement Consultant, you will be working within the advisory and programme delivery unit providing strategic procurement advice to external clients and internally within the wider Mott MacDonald business.
A bit about the team:
Our advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £1m to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management. We are currently looking for a Procurement Consultant to join our team.
What you will contribute to the team:
- Managing teams of mixed professional backgrounds, but primarily supply chain managers and technical specialists, depending on project requirements.
- Developing bespoke procurement and contract strategies.
- Providing advice to clients on procurement strategy, market engagement, contract selection, scheduling and resourcing of procurement activities and selection criteria.
- Designing delivery structures and target contract models.
- Determining client and supply chain capability and capacity to inform strategy development.
- Analysis of current and future suppliers and their resilience.
- Establishing supply chain management processes and systems.
- Review of procurement and supply chain systems to provide confidence and insight.
- Managing procurement processes, and the delivery of procurement activities, in the capacity of a specialist consultant service to clients. Providing support and advice on complex or challenging processes as required.
- Providing oversight and intervention throughout a procurement process to identify and resolve current or future issues.
- Embedding sustainability measures throughout the supply chain, including capture and reporting of sustainability performance information.
London location preferred due to proximity of team and clients.